Friday, August 27, 2010

Inspirational Tip of the Day

Do you find yourself looking at something in your stash and are totally lacking any inspiration??  Well my tip for the day is.....visit the manufacturers website!!  I was totally lost when looking at one of my hero arts stamps yesterday, so I thought to myself I will just hop over to their blog and see if there were any projects posted with the stamp I was hoping to use....and there was a video tutorial using a stamp nearly the same as mine!!  Anyway out came the sewing machine today and this is the result!!  I can't wait to use it on an off the page canvas project!!  I will keep you posted. 


The fabric is from a Moda 5" stack and I have used calico as a backing fabric. I have stamped the image with Stazon and then machine stitched around the flowers petals Then I cut away the rest of the fabric leaving a 2-3 mm border out from the stitching. I cut some small slits on the back and popped a small amount of stuffing between the 2 layers. I tried a button in the centre of the flower, but it just looked like a big hand holding a button, so I hand embroidered some stamens and used some self adhesive pearls to finish it off!  


Anyway hope this little tip inspires you to get crafty today too!
The possibilities are endless now the seed has been planted!!

No comments: